Colon hydrotherapy, also known as colonic irrigation or colon cleansing, is a therapeutic procedure that involves flushing the colon with water to remove fecal matter, toxins, and other waste material from the large intestine.
Here’s how colon hydrotherapy typically works:
- Preparation: do not eat 2 hours prior to treatment to ensure the colon is relatively empty and clean.
- Equipment: A closed colon hydrotherapy machine, which is equipped with disposable tubing and a low-pressure water supply.
- Positioning: Clients will lie on table on their left side, with their knees bent in the SIMS postion. The colon hydrotherapist will then gently insert a small, disposable tube into the rectum.
- Water infusion: Filtered water is slowly and gently introduced into the colon through the water line. The water flow is controlled and the internal pressure is monitored throughout the entire session.
- Release: As the water is introduced, the person may experience a sensation of fullness and have an urge to evacuate. The waste material, along with the water, is expelled through a separate waste line, then moves into the view tube (BM TV!). This process is repeated several times during the session.
- Massage: A light abdominal massage helps dislodge waste material and promote the movement of water through the colon.
- Duration: A single session usually lasts around 30 to 45 minutes, but this can vary depending on the therapist and individual needs
Colon hydrotherapy can help with issues like constipation, bloating, and detoxification. The process of “fill/release” exercises the colon; resulting in either reminding it what it is supposed to do or strengthening it to start functioning as it should. It’s important to replenish the gut with probiotics and or fermented foods. The goal is to create a healthy biome
It’s crucial to consult with a healthcare professional if you have any pre-existing health conditions or concerns. Please read over the list of contraindications. These conditions will require a prescription from your healthcare provider.
5121 Ehrlich Road Suite 109-A
Tampa, FL 33624
Mon – Thurs 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Weekends By appointment only